Friday, October 17, 2008

Crazy together


This is stupid. I stopped loving a long time ago.
Did you really?
Oh, shut up. Who cares what you think?
You do.
Sure, why shouldn't I listen to the little voice in my head?
That's reasonable.

I turned on my favorite song, hoping that I wasn't actually insane. Well, not yet, the annoying voice replied. That's helpful, I thought. What's next? Just as the question popped in my head, I caught a glimpse of something through my window - sandy messy hair. What? How?

* The truth is hiding in your eyes...
*

I cringed hearing the lyrics. It was him. Looking. No, starring from what I could tell. He couldn't see me behind the curtains, but I could see him.

* Just boiling in my blood... *

This time, I was gripping a chair. I was dizzy. As dizzy as a crazy person can be. And then, a deep shade of red flushed my cheeks. They burned.

See? I told you that you were in love with hi...

Stop it! I can't! It's utterly absurd! I yelled at the now weak voice coming from my head.

An hour passed in agony. He was still there. He was still starring. But it looked like he wasn't sure, slightly confused by something. What was that something? And then it occurred to me; maybe he was there just to tease me. Another one of his stupid jokes. I pulled the curtains and opened the window.

"You know, people will mistake you for a stalker if you just stand there all day like that" I said bitterly.
He raised one eyebrow and snorted. "You think?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Dunno."
"Well, that certainly makes my life a lot easier!" I started yelling at him.
And then he started laughing. It was a loud long laugh. What the hell did all of this mean?
"Look, I'm going insane here. A little help, please?" I pleaded in a calm voice this time.
"Can I come in?"

He didn't wait for my answer, running across the lawn before I'd realize it. With no effort, he jumped over the window entering my room.
"No, you can't" I added rolling my eyes. He laughed again. "Am I that funny?" "Only when you get mad." I blushed. What a terrible reaction from my part. Ugh! He seemed to notice and got closer, pulling the hair from my face and stroking my cheek. That felt strange, like an electric shock. I'm sure he felt it too 'cause he was breathing faster.

I took one step back.
"Please, leave."
"I can't" he looked at me with a saddened expression. "You can't reject me either."
I closed my eyes, making an effort to think straight. His face and words would only confuse me.
"So what if I love you?" I blurted it out. His eyes widened. "It's still not enough..." I started adding, but he was already by my side, crushing me in his arms and kissing me fiercely. He was right. I couldn't reject him, I couldn't resist his charm.

I smiled in my mind thinking at the fact that the little voice had been right too. I wasn't insane, not yet. Because I would go crazy with him from that day forward. Only with him.

I kissed him back.
"Love you" he whispered the sweet words I had longed so much for in the past.

The curtains where pulled again.

No comments: